- Font of the manuscript: Tahoma font size 11 with 1,15 spacing.
- Manuscript length range is approximately 2,500 - 6,000 words includes attachments and references with 1" (one inch) of page margin (upper, lower, left, and right).
- The cover should mentions title, author’s name, affiliation, country of author and email.
- All pages are numbered sequentially (including references and attachments). Footnotes, headers, and footers are not for the author's name or title of the article, but for additional information of the text.
- The manuscript must follow the Article's template of manuscript. Template for authors can be downloaded here.
2. Article Structure
Title must be brief, clear, maximum 14 words with capital letter. Font is using: Tahoma size 11, in bold, and in center text.
2. Author's name, email address, institution, and country
The author's name (without academic degree), email address, name of institution, and country are written under the article title. When the script is written by a team, the editor only deals with first author, or correspondence author.
This section contains main issues, research objectives, methods/approaches, and research results. The abstract is presented at the beginning of the manuscript and the presentation is approximately 150 to 250 words (in English and Indonesian). The abstract is approximately followed by keywords 3 to 5 words.
This section describes the background of issues as well as the urgency and rationalization of the research. This section also describes the aims and contributions of research and organization of the article.
5. Research methods.
This section describes the research design, scope or object (population and sample), data collection techniques, operational definition of research variables, and analytical techniques.
6. Analysis and Discussion
This section presents research analysis results. Tables, graphs (figures), and / or charts can be added in research analysis. The discussion section is describing data processing results, interpreting the findings logically, and linking with the relevant referral sources.
The conclusion contains a brief summary of the research results and discussion which answers the research objectives.
3. Tables and Figures
Tables are typed with single line spacing, with the initial and end horizontal line (table subtitle), without vertical line. Tables are numbered sequentially from one. Figures must be prepared in printable form and in black and white. The source of table and figure should be listed.
Citation text is written by mentioning the author's last name and year of publication. Example Quotation:
- One source and one author: Chang (2010) or (Chang, 2010)
- One source and two authors: Arora and Sharma (2016). or (Arora & Sharma, 2016).
- One source and more than two authors: Quote all author's names on the first quotation : Lawter, Rua and Guo (2014) or (Lawter, Rua & Guo, 2014). For the next quotation is written by the first author's name and followed by "et al." : Lawter et al. (2011) or (Lawter et al., 2011)
- More than one source and one author : Azmi (2003); Berry (2003) or (Azmi, 2003; Berry, 2003).
- Source from an institution: IAI (2004) or (IAI, 2004).
- For direct quote with less than 40 words, enclose the quotation within double quotation marks (“...........”). Single space the entire quote and indented style. If the quotation is 40 words or more do not use the quotation marks with double space and indented style. (author’s name, year of publication and page number/s).
Reference list format is based on APA (American Psychological Association) style. Reference list should appear at the end of the article and includes only literatures actually cited in the manuscripts. References are ordered alphabetically and chronologically. When writing a reference list, please use the following conventions;.
6. Online Submitting Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one of two systems (second procedure will be preferred):
- Submitting document should be done by Online Submission System in the Bernas: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat portal HERE.
- First, the author should register as an author or reviewer (checking role as author or reviewer) in the “Register” or HERE.
- After registration completed, log in as an author, click in “New Submission”. The article submits stage consist five stages, such as: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the “Start” column, chose Journal Section (Full Article), check all the checklists.
- In the “Upload Submission” Columns, upload the manuscript files at MSWord format in this column.
- In the “Enter Metadata” columns, fill out all the author data and affiliation. Following the Journal Title, Abstract and Indexing Keywords.
- In the “Upload Supplementary Files” columns, allowed to upload supplementary data file or the statement letter or other else.
- In the “Confirmation” columns, if all the data that you enter were right, then click “Finish Submission”.
- If the author has difficulties in the submitting process via online system, please contact Bernas: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat Editorial team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Review Method
Articles which have passed in the initial review by editor will be sent to one or two reviewers (reviewers will not know the author's name and vice versa). The blind review results produce the following statement :
- Accept Submission.
- Revision Required (as recommended by peer reviewers and board of editor).
- Resubmit For Review (as recommended by peer reviewers and board of editor).
- Decline Submission.